Friday, October 22, 2010

My first "official" review!

It's officially fall. I have my Halloween costume ready, my Halloween nails all done, and I'm drinking hot apple cider by the gallon. Holla at your girl, Ziegler's!

Now, on to the review...

Le sigh...

Soap & Glory, why do you love me and then leave me?

As most of you know, Target will no longer be selling Soap & Glory products. However, S&G's website does state that they will be partnering with a new retailer soon. Until then, whatever S&G products you see in Target are all you're getting...for now.

My current love from the S&G line is the Fab Pore Hot Cloth Cleanser.

This cleanser claims that "It cleans, it smooths, it melts away makeup!" It contains panthenol, sweet almond, orange oil, and lavender oil. The directions say to "squeeze out a generous splodge," and massage it into your face and neck for at least one minute. (I like to concentrate on my trouble areas -- my nose and chin) Let the cleanser sit for one full minute. If I'm in the shower, I fill this time by rinsing the conditioner out of my hair. If I'm not, I fill the time by flossing (this is actually a great way to remember to floss!) Then use the included muslin cloth and warm water to wipe off the cleanser. This step not only removes the cleanser, it also gives your skin a great, yet gentle, exfoliation.

The cleanser claims to remove makeup as well as cleanse your skin. I don't wear a whole lot of face makeup on a daily basis, but this definitely gets rid of my concealer and powder. The back of the box says that it will remove eye makeup -- including mascara -- but that you have to be very careful about rinsing it off. I can't really speak to how this removes eye makeup, because my contact lens-wearing peepers are pretty sensitive, and the essential oils don't get along with my eyes. I imagine it would work if your eyes aren't sensitive.

I have to say, this stuff is incredible. My skin absolutely loves it. My face looks clearer, feels smoother, and just seems happier and healthier! I have never bought a backup of a cleanser before -- I'm always on the hunt for the next "holy grail" product. Ladies, I have three tubes of this stuff in my bathroom closet.

Your local Target may have a couple tubes left, and if you can find one, I highly suggest picking it up. At my Target, Fab Pore Hot Cloth Cleanser was originally $14.29, but I've seen it reduced for at little as $7.14. Be sure you check the box, though -- my latest backup purchase was missing a muslin cloth (why do people steal something like this? Seriously?) Be warned, though -- Target may not accept returns or exchanges with this product, because they are trying to get rid of their remaining stock.

If your Target is plumb out of Soap & Glory products, sign up for the S&G newsletter. Their website states that this is how they will announce their new U.S. retail partner.

I give this product an A.

Questions? E-mail me at honest2goodnesssreviews@gmail.com or check me out on Twitter at HonestReviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment